LIFE, Inc. is currently seeking a Job Coach to provide on-site counseling, training and individual instruction to wonderful LIFE residents with learning disabilities to help them reach their full potential in the workplace.
*Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized
*Have excellent verbal and training skills
*Enjoy working with people of different age groups and abilities
*Be a team player
*Have the ability to support learning disabled residents to help them build confidence and independence in the workplace.
*Must provide resident transportation to and from employment sites and will need to use personal vehicle the majority of the time (will be reimbursed for mileage)
*Must have the stamina to be present in the varied workplaces with the resident to provide proper job coaching support.
Work week is five days and may include Saturday. Position is 30-35 hours weekly. Flexible hours fall between 7:30AM and 5:30PM. (If you are very flexible and wish to work a full 40 hour week–we can accommodate that too!) Exceptional benefits +30 hours per week.
This is a position where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others–and if you choose–continue on to build a career in this high demand field, in a fun and exciting organization with exceptional growth potential!
Experience in Retail, Restaurant. Hospitality or Training background excellent
High School diploma (or equivalent) with some college or technical coursework ideal
Experience with the Learning Disabled population desired but not required
WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
MUST be willing to attend any required classes per LIFE or DDS; valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
DIRECTOR of EMPLOYMENT
LIFE, Inc. is currently seeking a DIRECTOR of EMPLOYMENT to oversee its Employment Program
Bachelor’s Degree and five years’ experience in progressive roles working with persons with learning disabilities, plus two years of related management experience.
Oversee Employment Department for all sites to meet employment and volunteer needs of all LIFE residents.
- Develop a system to help residents develop annual employment/vocational goals and monitor success against goals
- Supervise, evaluate, and provide direct support to the employment team
- Train team in job development skills and help organize residents for job opportunities through training and preparation
- Educate local businesses regarding the unique needs of LIFE residents
- Oversee the development of employment and volunteer opportunities for persons with learning disabilities
- Clearly communicate with all customers (residents & families) regarding all aspects of employment
- Responsible for oversight of and contract disbursements for community-based programs
- Community Based Day Services (CBDS) and MA Rehabilitation Commission (MRC)
- Present clear business plans and employment report highlights to the CEO & Board of Trustees as needed
- Initiate & follow through to completion on liaison with outside professionals for resident needs related to Employment Program
- Research and develop clear business plans for potential opportunities that may serve self-sufficient internal businesses
- Teach job seeking skills through classes and individual instruction
- Participate as active member of the LIFE Management Team
Applicant must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid and to attend any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. Applicant must pass CORI background check, fingerprinting and have an acceptable driving record.
This position is full time, with exceptional benefits, and based in the Hyannis area
Please respond with your letter of interest and resume.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Plymouth, Falmouth and Yarmouth.