The General Manager is responsible for overall operational and financial performance of this Independent Resort area Hotel on a daily basis. He or She is accountable for profitability, customer satisfaction, asset management, regulatory compliance, human resources for all departments, personnel training and development, public relations, sales and marketing, and relationships in the community. He or She works closely with the owner to follow through on established policies and procedures throughout the hotel and restaurant, improving quality and cleanliness standards, and to make changes as needed. The general manager provides the leadership to accomplish the hotel objectives.
The ideal candidate is a “hands on” person who possesses progressively responsible hotel management experience with a hospitality degree, a strong work ethic, and a unique ability to get results. They also have the flexibility to move from high volume to low volume and back while maintaining standards of quality, cleanliness, and profitability. Highly organized, formal and informal communication skills, and exceptional time management skills are a plus for the right person.
- Daily operations of hotel and restaurant
- Adhering to highest quality standards of cleanliness, quality, and service
- Managing budget and financial goals
- Managing and developing all management and staff
- Essential to the overall sales and marketing efforts
- Manages and maintains the physical plant and equipment.
- Adhering to all Federal, State, and Local laws as well as company policies
- Guest feedback and responses
- College Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Previous Hotel and Restaurant experience
- 5 years Management experience
- Prior staff supervision and management
- Exceptional work ethic (Hands on)
- Strong customer contact skills
- Sales management a plus
- Knowledge of financial reporting and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
- Resort market experience a plus
- Computer skills as well as online platforms
- Independent Hotel experience a plus
Competitive Salary + additional 20% bonus plus sick, vacation, health benefits.