Group Home Manager for Adults with Learning Disabilities
We are currently seeking a caring and experienced individual to join the LIFE family as a GROUP HOME MANAGER for our Falmouth home for adults with learning and cognitive disabilities.
The Group Home Manager will oversee the clinical, financial and administrative needs of the EXCEPTIONAL residents we serve.
This position will also ensure that proper standards and regulations are followed, and that all quality standards for the residents in the group home are being met. Additional responsibilities include managing, scheduling and training staff and working with appropriate agencies to assist our residents to be as independent as possible.
In addition, the Group Home Manager, along with the staff, works with the residents providing instruction, support, and to serve as a positive example to our residents inside the group home residence and on errands, appointments and activities in the community. Applicant must be able to project a positive personality and provide ongoing support, interaction and encouragement.
• Experience with Learning Disabled population Required. Management experience Desired.
• Education in social services Desired
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form with coworkers, supported individuals, families and relative agencies
• Strong time management skills needed
- Hold and attend staff meetings as needed or required to maintain an excellent flow of communication
• Must be willing to attend required training classes (CPR/First Aid, Human Rights and MAP training) and development classes as needed
• Valid driver’s license required
• MUST be able to pass a CORI, Fingerprint and Driving checkPlease respond with your resume and a cover letter including your phone number and e-mail address.LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Yarmouth and Plymouth.
Learn more about us at www.lifecapecod.org