Now seeking a Full Time (30-40 hours weekly) Job Coach to provide on-site counseling, training and individual instruction to LIFE residents with developmental disabilities to help them reach their full potential in the workplace.
Applicant must be patient; outgoing and organized; have excellent verbal and written skills; enjoy working with people of different age groups and backgrounds; have the ability to support residents to help them build confidence and independence in the workplace.
- Will service the Hyannis, Mashpee and Plymouth areas
- Work week is five days and WILL include Saturday; will NOT include Sunday
- Must provide resident transportation to and from employment sites. Will need to use own vehicle from time to time (will be reimbursed for mileage)
- Must prepare the resident for the job and supply on-site engaging support
- Must address routine communication and problem resolution for residents and/or with employers on job sites
- Must document the workplace experience
- Must conduct routine weekly checks at employment sites as identified by Director
- Must function as a TEAM PLAYER with the employment Services Team
- All other related duties as assigned
This is a position where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others—and if you choose—continue on to build a career in this high demand field, in an organization with exceptional growth potential.
High School diploma (or equivalent) with some college or technical coursework ideal; job coach training experience desired; experience with the Learning Disabled population desired, BUT we will train the right candidate.
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid; must be willing to attend any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid driver’s license required with a clean driving record; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Plymouth & Yarmouth.